Tuesday, October 26, 2010

In N Out, Shake Shack, or Five Guys. Which One Are You?

So I'm here to put in my two cents about which burger reigns supreme. 

THE VERDICT:  In N Out

I based my decision primarily on the chain that I would frequent the most consistently and never get tired of.

One of the things I miss most about California is the In N Out burger.  I probably went there more than any other restaurant/fast food chain by a landslide.  There was something so satisfying about having such a solid, tasty burger... and the best part was, it never felt like a guilty pleasure because it actually seemed healthy.

So here is the breakdown (in my opinion)-


In N Out
Pros: Best burger overall.  Love the thin patty, secret sauce, toasted bun, and chilled lettuce and tomato.  It's just addictive.  One of my favorite sodas is Dr. Pepper, and the fact that I can have that along with my burger is like the cherry on top.

Cons: Not a huge fan of the fries, and the shakes are just ok.


Shake Shack
Pros: Best hamburger patty- seems to be the most fresh and juicy.  Best fries, best shakes, and yummy frozen custard.  

Cons: Although the patty itself is really great, everything else on the burger is not as good as In N Out.    


Five Guys
Pros: You open up the door, and the first thing that hits you is a blast of groovy jazz music.  How fun is that?!!  Food-wise, there is a wide variety of free toppings.  Personally, I don't like to pile toppings on my burger, but for people who do, I can see how this place would be awesome.  The fries are also pretty good, and they also have a Cajun option!

Cons: Unspectacular bun, lettuce and tomato were warm and soggy.  I have to say that it was my least favorite of the three burger joints.  I really wanted to like this place, but have to say that it was quite underwhelming.  A brand new location just opened up on our block, and I can walk there in minutes.  Oh well. :*(



So there you have it.  In N Out, you still have my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment