Monday, June 22, 2015

Happily Ever After

Delectable cupcakes from Sweet Art Bake Shop

So this post comes a bit late... actually, a lot late. We'll need to backtrack to the beginning of this year for a wedding I coordinated in downtown LA. In um, January.

Hands down, this was the most laid back wedding I have ever been to, coordinated, or heard of. And that's because hands down, Alex and Erin were the most easy-going, laid back, amazing couple. Ever. Like ever in the world.

Normally I would have two assistants working a full scale wedding, but these two insisted that it wouldn't be necessary. That I would be able to enjoy the wedding as a guest, even.  They didn't mind that my last wedding prior to theirs was FIVE YEARS AGO!  But they went off faith and a feeling, and so did I...

It meant a lot to me that the wedding would go off without a hitch, as the groom happened to be the son of my good friend. I wanted it to be flawless.

To be quite honest, everything about this wedding was perfect.  The venue, for starters... check out pictures from their website www.marvimon.com/millwick in the Arts District. Just beautiful. It is the perfect spot for an intimate wedding. I've done my fair share of events at hotels, golf clubs, etc. And while each of those weddings were amazing in their own way, there was something so new and fresh that I loved about Millwick.

I could also go on and on about the vendors, who basically all blew me away.  The bridal party, who were all so sweet and helpful.  You will find me hard pressed to find something that didn't go right.

This is the last event as a coordinator for me, but I have to tell you- it sure feels good to go out with a bang. I have reached my Happily Ever After with events!











No comments:

Post a Comment